Effective September 20th, 2009:
The Site and Services (collectively, the “AddyMate Services”) are not intended for use by anyone not able to enter into legally binding contracts. If you are not able to legally form binding contracts, you may not use the AddyMate Services or submit information about yourself. Without limiting the foregoing, the AddyMate Services are not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 13, nor may they be used to solicit or collect any information from children under the age of 13.
• Your Information is your own and you decide who will have access to it.
• You maintain ownership rights to Your Information, even if there is a business transition or policy change.
• You may add, delete, or modify Your Information at any time.
• AddyMate will not update or modify Your Information without your permission.
• AddyMate will not sell, exchange, or otherwise share Your Information with third parties, unless required by law or in subject to your permission.
• AddyMate does not send spam, maintain spam mailing lists, or support the activities of spammers.
Information Collection and Use
When you sign up for an AddyMate account, use our services through our Web site or otherwise, you may provide us with “Your Account Information” and “Your Contact List” -each described in detail below (collectively, “Your Information”).
1. Your Account Information: Your name and your e-mail address are required by AddyMate in order to provide you with the Software and Services. AddyMate will also ask you to provide a private password. You may also provide other information to AddyMate relating to various AddyMate Services, including profile information such as a photo or physical location, or delegated access to third party offerings via time limited electronic tokens to enable AddyMate´s login and synchronization functionality. All of such information will become part of Your Account Information.
2. Your AddyMate Profile: When you sign up for an AddyMate account, you create Your AddyMate Profile to store contact information about yourself (e.g., your name, your e-mail address, your phone number, your address). You may then choose to share Your AddyMate Profile with the individuals on Your Contact List and/or others as you see fit.
3. Your Contact List: When you signup for the AddyMate Service, you have the option to view your address book at the AddyMate web site. This information will not be shared with anyone without your permission and will be used to provide you with a Web-based access to its data and to run the AddyMate Service (e.g., send update messages) at your request. The AddyMate Service provides you the benefits of secure anywhere, anytime access to Your Contact, as well as third party synchronization capabilities.
We use Your Information to enable you to use the AddyMate Services. Specifically:
1. Your Account Information: This information is stored on AddyMate´s secure servers. Certain profile information you provide, including your name, email and photo, are displayed to people in the AddyMate Service to enable you to connect with other people on the AddyMate Service and Members who list you in their own Contact Lists and/or who know your e-mail address to know whether you are also a Member. Members may disable this capability through their account preferences. All other information included within Your Account Information, including AddyMate passwords or third party electronic tokens, will not be shared with any outside parties other than as necessary to enable synchronization of third party services with the AddyMate Service pursuant to your account settings. If you forget your password, your password can be reset by following the Forgot Password link in which a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the primary e-mail address on record. The e-mail will contain a link to a page where your password can be reset. This is a one-time use link. No plain text passwords will ever be passed through e-mail. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and, since it allows access to Your Account Information, we recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
2. Your AddyMate Profile: You maintain your AddyMate Profile using the Site. You specify the information that is contained on Your AddyMate Profile and also control how Your Information is shared by configuring the privacy settings for each attribute in Your AddyMate Profile.
AddyMate defaults to setting your Profile privacy to “AddyMates”. You may change these default settings at any time afterwards by editing your AddyMate Profile using the Site.
3. Your Contact List: Your Contacts are maintained on AddyMate´s servers.
Additionally, we may use Your Information:
• For assessment of service levels;
• To better understand on an aggregated basis how our products are used, gauge traffic patterns and determine what types of content and services are most popular with users of our products and services;
• To verify access rights to content, services or software;
• To provide you with information about AddyMate products, services, news and events through the Site or e-mail;
• To allow you to purchase and download AddyMate products and services; and/or
• To provide you with personalized content programming, instructions and services.
Opt-out Users-“Permanent Opt-out Information”
Non-members may elect to permanently opt-out from receiving AddyMate Notification e-mails sent on behalf of Members. You can register for permanent opt-out by simply clicking on the opt-out link included in the Notification email.
This information will only be used to honor your opt-out request and not be shared with any third-party.
Opt-out users may change or delete their information by contacting AddyMate at support@AddyMate.com.
Limited Data Sharing with Third Parties
AddyMate is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only share Your Information with third party services in accordance with your instructions and in order to provide you specific services. For example, each time you link a third party service, we will send the designated recipient third party electronic token obtained at the time of account linking. AddyMate may also provide You with the ability to share or publish Your Information.
We may share aggregated and anonymous demographic information with our business partners. For example, we may share such information as the total number of users of AddyMate service or their Contacts or the broad geographic frequency of use. We may also develop algorithms leveraging the information in the AddyMate database for such purposes as network analysis, reputation scoring, or spam and fraud prevention. However, no such information will be linked directly to Your Account Information, Your AddyMate Profile, Your Contact List or other personally identifiable information.
Although we will use every reasonable effort to preserve your privacy (and that of your contacts), we may need to disclose Your Information, including personally identifiable information, when required by law if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on AddyMate and/or the Site (see “Government Authority” below for more information). We will notify you of such actions where reasonable and permitted by law.
Personally Identifiable Information of Others (Your Contact List)
Rights of Others (Your Contact List)
We may receive requests from certain individuals or their duly authorized agents to remove their personal information from Your Contact List, usually as the result of their failure to recognize you as a known contact upon receiving an AddyMate Notification email. In such event, we may encourage them to contact you directly or, as a courtesy, we may also contact you on the behalf of such parties to inform you that:
• such individual does not recognize you as a contact;
• such individual does not wish to provide you updated contact information; and/or
• such individual would like to be removed from your local address book.
We will not alter or remove any information regarding such individuals from Your Contact List without your prior consent.
Any individual or their duly authorized agent may request to receive aggregated information about that individual´s presence in the overall AddyMate system. For example, an individual or their agent may request to know: (a) whether contact information for that individual appears in the AddyMate Service, (b) how often that contact information appears, or (c) what types of information appear (e.g., e-mail address or physical address). Such individuals or their agents may use this information to request that AddyMate send removal requests on that individual´s behalf to all Members who have their information. AddyMate may elect, but will not be obligated, to fulfill such requests.
Rights to Your Information
You have the right to access, correct, update, and/or delete Your Information at any time. You can do so by using the Services, by logging into the Site with your username and password, or by contacting AddyMate support. You will retain these rights even in the event of a business transition (see “Change of Ownership or Other Business Transition” section for more information).
Changes to Your Information are typically executed immediately. For example, if you terminate your AddyMate account, your account immediately becomes inaccessible and all Your Information within your account is completely removed from the AddyMate servers. Please remember that if you have shared Your Information with other Members, they may retain such shared information in their accounts notwithstanding your decision to terminate your AddyMate account.
Change of Ownership or Other Business Transition
In order to improve the Services and the Site, we use “cookies” when you are logged into the Site using your e-mail address and password. A cookie is a piece of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server and can only be understood by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your computer´s identification token and enables AddyMate to personalize your experience when you are signed in to the Site. The cookie also contains your e-mail address so that we can make it easier for you to sign in. If you reject the cookie, you may not be able to sign up for some of the Services or use certain features of the Site.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. (For some Web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will probably not be able to access those pages.)
Log Files and Backups
Like most Internet services, we use log files on the server side. The data held in log files includes your IP address, browser type, e-mail application, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit Web pages, computer platform type, date/time stamp, and user activity. AddyMate uses server log data to analyze trends, administer the Services and the Site, and improve service levels. IP addresses are not tied to any Personally Identifiable Information.
We may send all new Members confirmation e-mails verifying the ownership of the e-mail addresses provided in Your Account Information. We also communicate with you to provide requested services and in regard to issues relating to your account.
Members may occasionally receive information on AddyMate products, services, news and events. Out of respect for your privacy, we present you with the option not to receive these communications. You may change your current setting by modifying your account preferences.
Security and Confidentiality
AddyMate uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard Your Information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. In addition, AddyMate uses reasonable methods to make sure that Your Information is accurate, up-to-date and appropriately complete.
AddyMate, Inc., 21777 Tottenham Hale Ct., Sterling, VA 21066, USA